Great moments in U.S. History - you had to be there

I guess I’ll sign it - all the other guys did

John Hancock, before signing the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776


This better be good, Franklin – I don’t have a bunch of lawyers to tell me what it means

George Washington, before signing the Constitution, September 17, 1787


OK, OK, Seward, Stanton - just remember, YOU talked me into this, I’m not responsible

Abraham Lincoln, before signing the Emancipation Proclamation, January 1, 1863


I guess maybe if I sign this thing, these proceedings would be closed – what do you guys think I should do?

General Douglas McArthur before signing the Japanese surrender treaty, September 2, 1945


What good is reading the bill if it's a thousand pages and you don't have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?

Michigan Congressman, the Honorable John Conyers, explaining why he doesn’t have time or inclination to read a bill before he votes on it, July 28, 2009.
Share on :
Great moments in U.S. History - you had to be there
Great moments in U.S. History - you had to be there
Reviewed by Merlyn Rosell
Published :
Rating : 4.5